Founded in 1960, Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable and educational tax-exempt organization. Theta Foundation’s mission is to secure and manage resources for the educational, leadership, and philanthropic programs of the Fraternity and for the scholastic, professional, and service pursuits of its members to help them reach their fullest potential and make a difference in the world.
Awarding more than $1.1 million annually, Theta Foundation stands as a pillar of support for Thetas and a partner in the Fraternity’s educational and philanthropic efforts. Created by Thetas for Thetas, Theta Foundation is dedicated to partnering with individuals and college and alumnae chapters for fundraising efforts to support Thetas with scholarships, non-degree educational and leadership grants, and the Fraternity’s educational and leadership programs.
Theta Foundation supports individual members and chapters by:
- Providing scholarships to collegians and alumnae for academic expenses, including tuition, books, and course-related fees for undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Providing grants to individuals and chapters for non-degree, educational, leadership, and service-learning opportunities
- Supporting Fraternity programs that impact all Thetas, such as the ELC program, alcohol education and awareness, Sisters Supporting Sisters, Theta Service trip, and more
Theta Foundation also provides resources to individuals and chapters to support Theta by:
- Providing support for fundraising efforts that support scholarship, grant, and Fraternity programs
- Providing opportunities to support philanthropic initiatives close to Thetas’ hearts, such as a quarterly grant to National CASA
- Providing information about establishing endowed scholarships and grants to benefit members in the future
- Conducting fundraising efforts and providing information about Theta Foundation’s current fundraising initiatives and priorities
After more than 50 years, Theta Foundation remains committed to partnering with Theta members and chapters to support the Fraternity’s ideals of highest scholarship, widest influence for good, and love. To learn more about Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, please visit www.KappaAlphaThetaFoundation.org.
KATch Me If You Can
During the spring semester, we host a philanthropy event titled “KATch Me If You Can” in order to raise money for the Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation.
KATch Me If You Can is a campus-wide scavenger hunt that costs each participant $5 to play. Students across campus try to “KATch” each other during “KATch Week.” The participant who has the most “KATches” by the end of the week wins the grand prize, which included a one-night stay at the DoubleTree Downtown and tickets to a concert at Cain’s Ballroom. Additionally, we were able to distribute over 30 door prizes donated by Tulsa businesses. We had over 200 students participate in the sixth annual KATch Me If You Can, which helped us raise over $1,000 dollars for the Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation.